Kalamazoo Customers! Thanks for making our June 5, 2009 opening day such a success!
Vintique is owned and operated by Connie Arnsman with help from Jennifer Koladin.The "Vintique" concept and feeling has been brewing in Connie's heart while she has been an antiques, jewelry and collectibles dealer for over ten years.
Vintique is so happy to be located on one of the best blocks on the Kalamazoo Mall - near the State Theater, Dogs with Style, Harvey's on the Mall, JP Coins, Tommy's Goodie Shoppe, The Framemaker and The People's Co-Op.
Here are some answers to questions we frequently are asked (FAQ):
1. Where do you get all your merchandise? Everywhere! We actively seek out Midcentury, modern furniture, collectibles and furnishings to purchase out right. These items must fit the feel we are trying to create of being "VINTIQUE" ~ a unique, high quality, delicacy that gives off the retro and vintage vibe.
2. Are you Appraisers? Or can you tell me what my item is worth? We are not licenced or certified appraisers. We recommend seeking out a member of the International Appraiser's Association to help with any valuation for insurance purposes. We can't really tell you what your item is worth, because the value it may have for you personally may be different that what the item would sell for in a retail environment like Vintique.
3. Do you buy items from individuals? Our general policy is that we do not, at this time, purchase from individual sellers in most circumstances. We do consider purchasing Midcentury Modern furniture from individuals. If you have Midcentury Modern furniture like McCobb, Widdicomb, Heywood Wakefield, Baker (vintage), etc., please email photographs to vintique with your asking price and contact information.
4. I have a lot of old jewelry? Do you buy jewelry? Parting with one's individual or family jewelry is a very personal decision. Vintique actively buys quality MARKED sterling silver .925 jewelry like rings, necklaces and bracelets.
5. Do you take items on consignment? Currently, we are accepting some fine art and sculpture consignments. In the future, we may accept more items on consignments. We will consider accepting Midcentury Modern furniture for consignment. Please email photographs to vintique with your asking price and contact information.